Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TFF Chicken Francese

Hello all... (Or few - tee-hee) Okay, I know i've been away for a looong time. Had some things going on that needed to be dealt with, some hands that needed to be held, and hugs that needed to be given following the very unexpected death of my husbands older brother.

I hesitated to even put that out there, but somehow it helps, and we are all of us taking it one day (or hour, or minute) at a time.

Needless to say I've been cooking... Haven't been taking the pictures or anything. Just cooking, makes me feel better.

This is my first posting for TFF. I went with chicken francese. I love chicken francese, and had a recipe that I always used. It is delicious, but time consuming. I figured I'd give Tylers a try, as it looked a little simpler, but seemed like it would have great flavor.

MMMMM..... how right i was. This will now be my go to recipe for chicken francese. It was literally almost gone from the time it hit the table. Matter of fact... my girls and hubby were fighting over my portion : ) LOL.... (Don't let me fool you... I love the acclaim!)


Tyler Florence Chicken Francese:

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs.)

All-purpose flour, for dredging

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

4 large eggs

3 tbls. water

1/4 EVOO

1/2 lemon, with rind, cut in thin rounds

1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio or white cooking wine

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 lemon, juiced

2 tbls unsalted butter

1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley

Directions:

Place chicken on cutting board side by side, cover with plastic wrap and pound to a 1/4 in.thickness. Put flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt & pepper; mixwith a fork to distribute evenly. In a wide bowl, beat the eggs with 3 tbls of water to make an egg wash. Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet.

Dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, then dip in the egg wash to coat completely, letting excess drip off. When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for two minutes on each side until golden, turning once. Remove the chicken cutlets to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm.

Toss the lemon slices into the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the wine, broth, and lemon juice, simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly. Roll the butter in some flour and add it to the skillet, this will thicken the sauce. Stir to incorporate and dissolve the flour. Reduce the heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan; place the lemon slices on top of the cutlets. Simmer gently for 2 minutes to heat the chicken through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.




See how pretty it looks even while cooking? I added some more lemon juice and a few more lemon slices (personal preference only). I made some brown rice and mixed it with chicken flavored rice.


Added the chopped parsley and a lemon slice.....Voila!! Chicken Francese Tyler Florence Style!
Check out this awesome group TFF at http://tylerflorencefridays.blogspot.com/

As a little note here, I'm still new to blogger, and get VERY frustrated on posting. I realize it's not as pretty and professional as many of the others. Hang in there with me,while i work out the kinks. It will get better, I promise!!<

9 comments:

  1. Gosh, this looks great! I will have to try it soon. Beautiful presentation, by the way~

    Welcome to TFF! I just recently joined and love it. Great ladies. Wonderful food. Mouth-watering pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to TFF! It's nice to have you join us. The chicken looks and sounds wonderful!

    Aloha,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your BIL. I adore chicken francese and will definitely try Tyler's version. Welcome to TFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great and that last picture is so fancy!

    I noticed you were gone and wondered how you were. So sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the loss of your brother in law. Very difficult to deal with, but talking about it and putting it out there certainly will help.

    And excellent choice for the chicken! That's one of my husbands favorite dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my most favorite Tyler Florence dishes. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to TFF, your dish looks great.

    Sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chicken francese...it has so much lemony goodness! I'm so sorry about your loss. Your post looks great, I don't know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum this looks great! Just stumbled on your blog from Monicas. Cant wait to check your other stuff out.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate all comments. They make me all warm and fuzzy : ) If you like what you see, feel free to follow. I'd love more friends!