Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My first homemade cake


So..... Not only is this my first homemade cake, but my first blog ever! I've been spying on all you lovely gals, sneaking recipes, making them and loving them. Staring at the beautiful pictures so long, i have had to wipe the drool off my keyboard : )

Anyway, i was thrilled to find so many people with such a passion for all things food, esp. from scratch.. so i knew i had to jump in and join all of you!

So this year Mothers day and my hubbys birthday were on the same Sunday. (sidenote: since i work in a restaurant Mothers day is the biggest day of the year, which means no one gets off : ( )

I had it in my head i wanted to make him a fabulous cake from scratch, to make up for not being able to be home all day with him. Off to1 the computer i went and googled "peanut butter cake". Several clicks later I found this awesome blog called "smittenkitchen" with the sour cream chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and peanut butter and chocolate ganache.. courtesy of Sky High Cakes. It even had step by step photos!!

This is SO up his alley, seeing as he has a love for all things chocolate... with peanut butter. I decided i was going to make it. Now keep in mind, i've never made a homemade cake before, let alone a homemade triple layer cake with from scratch frosting and glaze! Typical me....

So here it is... my first cake journey.. with my own photos...

Here are all the batter ingredients and the batter. I got really worried because the batter seemed so thin. I was convinced it wouldn't rise...




Cakes are in oven... those are my two beauties :) They said it smelled soooo good! And yes, they rose!!

6 comments:

  1. Okay... perhaps i should have read more on how to use blogger before i actually tried. I've been at this all day, and am having trounle posting the pics right, and then it seemed like i ran out of room to blog! But am going to keep teying, just wanted to see something for my efforts so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear mommy your going to be a big hit.love harmoni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear *LC* I really like the site,you are doing a great job. As for the cake it was fantastic. One of the best cakes I've ever eaten. I'm 60 and I have only made one scratch cake in my life and it was a very simple pineapple cake with cream cheese icing. Love, Red

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear mommy that cake you made was so good. love harmoni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are so cute. I'm glad they liked the cake--you did a great job!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you started your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, btw, when uploading photos, and choosing a layout, click "none" that way you can put your pictures where you want them. If you want them on the right or left or even centered, you have to click that before uploading them.

    I'm not sure why you ran out of space. I've never had that problem???

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate all comments. They make me all warm and fuzzy : ) If you like what you see, feel free to follow. I'd love more friends!