Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIFriday Family Night

> Greetings everyone! Just thought I'd share one of our Friday nights here in the Glitterkitchen home.

Somewhere along the way, Friday night became known as family night. In short, it means that it is the one night where we are not totally crazy with us working, girls dancing, no homework... You get the picture.

Sometimes we go to the movies, out to eat (although that's rare, what with the Glitterkitchen being here and all : ) play games, etc. Mostly, we like to hang out at the homefront. That's what we did tonight.

My little one (Lyra, closest to the camera) had her LAST EVER preschool picnic today ( sniff.... ) So being busy with that and playing outside, I didn't give dinner much thought.

The dinnerbell waits not for Mom around here (and at your house to I'm sure.)




Time to check out my leftovers and pantry... I found two leftover new york strips from wed. Storebought thin pizza crust, jarred alfredo, arugula, roma tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese and corn on the cob.. HMMM... Knew the girls would want steak and corn, but decided to make a lovely pizza for my hubby who had been working hard in the sun all day.

He loves steak gorgonzola alfredo from the Olive Garden (where i work), I thought a pizza version of this would hit the spot..



I started with the store bought thin pizza crust. Rubbed all over with olive oil and roasted garlic. Sprinkled parmesean cheese and pizza seasoning and in the oven it went to prebake. After I pulled it out I topped it with alfredo, arugula, gorgonzola, mozzerella and fontina cheeses... MMmmm smelled soo good!!




Tasted good too.... if I do say so myself!



In between all that, I made myself some crab legs (Michael, aka, happy hubby developed an allergy to shell fish, so i don't have to share, tee-hee... )



We headed out to the deck..... and as you can see, it was some very happy eating!! (FYI, the big sister in the pic. is my Harmoni Bella. The best sous chef in the world!)

The girls and Daddy played some baseball while I cleaned up (of course)...


A few days ago, I promised Harmoni a brownie sundae. Luckily, I had four brownies and vanilla ice cream in the freezer...



Drizzled some magic shell (shudder... all things in moderation, right?) and caramel... Voila!! A sweet ending for a sweet family night...

And I get to sleep in tomorrow?! What else is there in life?











4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good evening! I love family nights...we used to have a "set" day, but it's kind of gone by the wayside since we moved...time to start it up again :) This pizza sounds fabulous...love the flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! That pizza looks absolutely delicious although I don't think my husband would dig it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great fun! Friday nights are homemade pizza night and movie (or documentary ... grrrr) at our house. It is great to find the time to get together and concentrate on being a family at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and appreciate all comments. They make me all warm and fuzzy : ) If you like what you see, feel free to follow. I'd love more friends!